Make this light and creamy smoothie in minutes. It takes just six ingredients you might already have in your kitchen.
Milk and Avocado Smoothie
Makes two 8-ounce servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Cooking tools: Blender or food processor
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 scoop flavorless whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Pistachios for garnish
- 1. Place peeled avocado, milk, protein powder, honey, and 1/4 cup of cottage cheese in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 2. Pour in a cup. Use remaining cottage cheese, honey, and pistachios for garnish.
Try it before you knock it!
- Served cold, this recipe is perfect if you need a bland option that’s nutrient-dense and low in fiber.
- Avocados have a neutral flavor. They’re also high in potassium and monounsaturated fats that are important for heart health.
- If you’re lactose-intolerant, swap whole milk for almond milk. It’s a great alternative, with similar consistency and a light flavor. Make sure your almond milk is fortified with calcium and vitamin D.
- Some lactose-intolerant patients can tolerate fermented foods such as yogurt and cheese.
- You can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less honey.
Try more healthy and delicious smoothies with these recipes.