I love this recipe! So simple and good. I also made this with kohlrabi once, and that was delicious, too.
- 3 pounds small turnips or daikon radish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and roughly chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon, or to taste
- Peel turnips, halve lengthwise and slice into half-moons 1/4-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if needed, add turnips. Sauté, turning often and lowering the heat if necessary, until nicely browned and cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to an oven-proof serving dish. If not serving immediately, leave at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours, or refrigerate and bring to room temperature, before reheating in a 400-degree oven for 10 minutes.
- To serve, mix garlic, capers, lemon zest and parsley; sprinkle over turnips. Drizzle with lemon juice.