A super simple recipe for a homemade peach iced tea that requires just 4 ingredients and is made with simple syrup that’s been infused with real peaches. This is the perfect drink for hot summer days!
- HOMEMADE PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 3 peaches, cut into small chunks or slices
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- ICED TEA:
- 8 cups water
- 5-6 tea bags (depending on your preferred tea strength)
HOMEMADE PEACH SIMPLE SYRUP:
- Place the granulated sugar, water, and peaches in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir the peach mixture as needed until the sugar dissolves. Start smashing the peaches to infuse the simple syrup with the peach flavor.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and remove from heat. Allow the peaches to sit in the simple syrup and steep for 30-35 minutes. Smash the peaches against the sides of the saucepan to release as much flavor as possible the peaches should be mushy and broken down.
- Strain the simple syrup in a fine mesh strainer and press the peaches against the strainer to release as much flavor as possible. Store the peach simple syrup into a bottle or container. Place in the refrigerator and allow it to cool.
- Bring the water to a boil, remove from heat, add the tea bags, and allow the tea to steep for 4-5 minutes. You can use additional tea bags if you prefer a stronger tea, alternately, you can use less tea bags if you prefer a weaker tea.
- Once brewed, remove tea bags, transfer tea to a pitcher. Refrigerate to cool.
PEACH ICED TEA:
- Serve the peach simple syrup along side the brewed iced tea or add the simple syrup to the tea prior to serving. Serve with lots of ice.